keep your Teeth and Gums Healthy
Here are some ideas from Dentist Epping on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy in between your dental appointments.
To maintain good oral health between dental visits, follow these practices:
- Brush Regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss Daily: Use dental floss to clean between your teeth to remove trapped food and plaque.
- Rinse with Mouthwash: An antimicrobial mouthwash can help kill bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Watch Your Diet: Limit sugary and acidic foods, and eat a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist and wash away debris.
- Avoid Smoking and Tobacco: Smoking can harm your oral health, so it’s best to quit.
- Protect Your Teeth: If you play sports, wear a mouthguard to prevent injury to your teeth.
- Chew Sugarless Gum: Chewing gum can stimulate saliva production, which helps clean your mouth.
- Replace Your Toothbrush: Change your toothbrush or toothbrush head every 3-4 months.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Stick to your scheduled dental appointments for professional cleanings and check-ups.
By following these steps, you can help maintain a healthy smile and reduce the need for extensive dental treatments.